“Great Spa Facilities”
Review of Temple Lodge & Spa

Temple Lodge & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Moate
Reviewed 6 October 2011

My friends and I had travelled to Temple Spa last year and enjoyed the experience so much we decided to head back this year. I think standards have slipped since our last visit. We arrived before check-in and decided to take advantage of the spa facilites. We were advised we could use the lockers in the changing rooms to store valuables. Half the lockers weren't in working order. Three of us ended up using the one locker we found that was working. Another friend used a seperate locker which then got stuck and couldn't be opened. She had to wait until after 6pm for a handy man to go in and unlock it. Two of the robes we received had holes in the shoulders and there were no towels available when we finished in the hydro pool.

The facilites of Temple spa are fantastic - We all had a brilliant massage and facial and enjoyed relaxing in the hydro pool and steam room / Sauna. The rooms can't be faulted. Our twin room was very comfortable with a lovely view. One of my friends took the yoga class, which she really enjoyed. The food was fantastic but the service in the dining room was terrible. We had bad expereinces at dinner and breakfast the next morning.

We all enjoyed our stay this year but in comparison to last year it has gone downhill in my estimation.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ZitaL
There are newer reviews for Temple Lodge & Spa

Reviewed 4 October 2011

A friend had booked this under a special offer for €55 and included me on the trip therefore I wasn't sure what exactly to expect. We arrived at 1.30pm and were informed that our back massages were booked for 2pm - they were divine!! At 3pm, we attended an excellent yoga class. We were supposed to go for a guided walk at 4pm but the Heavens opened and we decided not to venture out. Instead we had coffee and relaxed reading the papers in the beautiful lounge. At 5pm we headed into the relaxation class which was fabulous. Thereafter we hit the hydro pool, jacuzzi, footspa, steam room and sauna - all magnificent. Dinner was at 7.30pm and the food is VERY good. We had a few glasses of vino and chilled our way into the night. We had use of all the facilities the next day also. Absolutely fell in love with this place and everything about it. Dinner wasn't included in the €55 deal but a good hearty breakfast was. Cannot wait to go back here!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I brought my mother to the spa for her birthday for one night. My first problem was when I booked I booked treatments for the evening we arrived. I was told repeatedly on the phone check in was 4pm so I did not think we could arrive before this time at all. I called the day off arrival and discovered the treatments were booked for 12.30pm the following day, check out was 11.30am. I thought this very strange and asked the receptionist if she could move them back to the evening. She expressed that we could stay the entire of the next day to enjoy what Temple Spa had to offer and this way we could have our treatments the following day as the spa closed early. Unfortunately this was not possible for us as I would be unable to drive after my treatment and was in fact working the following day so it was not acceptable to me at all. She made a little fuss but I advised her I was told they had been booked in the evening or I would not have booked them at all.

We arrived and the place was gorgeous. Our twin room was fabulously quiet and relaxing and the receptionist had arranged our treatments for 5pm. My mother and I met the yoga teacher while we were having a smoothie and she asked if we were going to her class at 5pm which was a destress class and that we should have come to yoga at 3pm. I would have loved the yoga but I was told we could not arrive before 4pm so missed it and our treatments were scheduled during her next class.

Our treatments were very relaxing but we were rushed out of the spa area as they were closing at 6pm and were staying open especially for us which meant they would have actually closed at 5pm. I found this very strange for it being a Spa Retreat but we went to our room to relax and unwind for an hour before dinner.

Our dinner was amazing. As I have dietary requirements the waitress was very careful to check with the chef and did give us another tables main course but was so nice and apologetic we could not fault her at all. She even brought out ice cream with happy birthday on the plate for my mother. Overall the food was absolutely delicious and the best feature of the hotel.

The hotel is good for a stay but we would have to stay two nights to benefit with the activities they have to offer as they do not cater well for the one night stay. It is very overpriced for what it actually is. I was looking at their special offers on check out and after staying there they would have to drop their prices further to make it worth staying again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Amaland
Reviewed 26 September 2011

My husband and I where in need of a treat and we booked a weekend break in Temple Spa moate for some T.L.C
And it was every penny will spend . The food in the restaurant was excellent , from breakfeast to lunch and especial dinner and waiters so nice. As for the Therapist so good at their job very high standard of service for start to finish. Overall our stay would give it 10/10 . So relaxed leaving
the Temple Spa just heavan.
Dublin

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Having had a hectic year, we decided to have a treat and booked into the suit for 2 nights for a bit of R&R. Over all, it was enjoyable, but we felt that for the money we were paying, it could have been a little bit better. the following is a little report card!

Room - for a suit, it was dissapointing, it missed little touches, the carpet didnt fit right on the floor, the TV only had 4 channels, no wifi (wired available), the surface around the bath did not fit properly. OH we had no hot water on the Sunday Moning.....6/10

Food - Menu is limited, I dont eat fish, leaving me with just one main that I had to have both nights. There is 2 menus depending on the package you are on. The food was very tasty, just limited. Breckfast was good - 6/10

Facilities - I was dissapointed that there was no full swimming pool. We used the free bikes and one had a slow puncture, it has been some time since the bikes were maintained. The spa treatments were good and the staff very helpfull and polite - 7/10

General - It would benefit from a coffee bar that did lite bites, (scones etc). The staff are very helpfull and overall price is reasonable 7/10

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ItalianFan
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Temple Spa is very very quiet no tv in rooms no bar and there is very little to do in the area. The walk was just up and down the main road we expected it would be in the grounds of temple spa and would be really nice. We were charged 10 euro extra for steaks at dinner which was ok ish nothing spectacular. On the plus side the bedrooms are nice robes and slippers are provided. I suppose if you really need a rest with lots and lots of peace and quiet it would be ok but you could probably get that at home.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank farranfore
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Stayed here for a weekend break. Spacious, bright room. We requested a TV on check in and this was brought to the room within 5 minutes. Quality toiletries. Excellent facial in the spa. Complimentary yoga, tai chi and guided walks. Pleasant staff. Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank romavisitor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moate
Sheraton Athlone
#9 of 9 in Athlone
Wineport Lodge
Wineport Lodge
#2 of 9 in Athlone

Been to Temple Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!