“Loved it and hope they find a buyer”
Review of Temple Lodge & Spa

Temple Lodge & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Moate
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I stayed there with 3 other girls we had 2 twin rooms very spacious and the staff are lovely, the food in the restaurant was just fab, I had a back massage done and I must say it was lovely the girls doing the treatments are very nice. I would recommend it to anyone, its so peacefull and you would really relax there

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Michelle119

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Stayed here with my husband last month for a night away we got on dealrush - we somehow managed to get put in one of the junior suites and i can honestly say it was the nicest hotel we have ever stayed in - the room and bathroom were huge. It was so clean and spacious - overlooking beautiful greenery.

The receptonist Steven was very nice and helpful.

Loved the hotel - a really relaxing night away from our one and a half year old! Would definitely go back

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DublinIrisheyes
Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for the night with a friend for some R&R firstly it's up for sale as per big for sale sign when you arrive when we looked for directions in the local town the 2 people we stopped told us it was closed... Which wasn't a good start. When we arrived staff at reception very friendly and helpful but place felt like a ghost hotel/spa onoly 1 other guest was there we were asked could we change our dinner reservation as it was busy when we arrived the 1 hour earlier we were the only ones there until 4 other groups of 2 came in. The place was empty obviously they wanted to close up early cause at 9 pm we were asked to sit in the sitting room area to finish our drinks by 9.30 pm u would have found it hard to find a staff member..... Did we relax?yes. Would we go back? No

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank JLVIreland
Reviewed 24 August 2012

just back from overnight stay and really loved it. it was so peaceful and the views just so relaxing. great food, spa treatments and the staff were so friendly. so sorry to hear the place is closing. would certainly go back again if i had the chance.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Breda D
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I just love this place. The staff are so friendly , calm and helpful. Stephen and anne at reception were fantastic. Peter the restaurant manager was as ever great and the food was amazing . Despite being in Nama the standards had not slipped . The staff in the spa were excellent and treatments were lovely. It is such a shame for all of these lovely people to be losing their jobs. It would be great if someone could take over and keep it open as it would be such a pity for it to go to wrack and ruin. Bought a euro millions ticket on my way home but no luck I'm afraid

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank holsgirlDublin
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Sirst thing that we saw was an for sales sign. stopped the car and just said this is not looking good.....!!!!! When we got there we got a nice greeting. We were told very little about the spa, etc. all we were told how to get to room amd if you want dinner you will have to book it. Got to room and it was nice and big. The bathroom was very clean but the room was not. Dead flies and moths and the windows sill. No tea or coffee facitiles in the room, no tv, yes i know its a retreat but its nice to have a choice...!! I asked for a tv to be put into the room lovely flat screen tv, but no channels only white noise..!!!!! Went for my shower this morning and no hot water in bath or shower, when I told them I was told oh well everybody else is also getting their showers thats why there is no hot water but i will ring house keeping for you. Still waiting for them.....!!!!! The staff looking after the juice/ coffee bar and restaurant were super nice and friendly, really lovely girls. Food was beautiful, very tasty. No bar only sold wine. no atomsphere at all in the whole hotel. Just a very big let down and I will never be back and would not tell anybody to go. I feel very sad for the staff that are there working hard, and only getting back feed because the onwer / managment DOES NOT CARE..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank scuffil
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I felt compelled to leave this very positive review of Temple Spa after staying there for 2 nights last weekend. The facility is beautiful, spacious and tastefully designed...........but the staff are 5 Star Hotel Quality. Great interaction between staff and the atmosphere is very relaxing. The food in the restaurant (breakfast and evening meal) is top-class and would only be matched by a posh hotel for quality. You will not regret visiting Temple Spa - I certainly intend returning again next month and again and again. The facility is up for sale at the moment, but do not let that put you off. Go there, relax and enjoy .......... I know I did !!!!

Room Tip: My double room was perfect, but you can upgrade to a junior suite on request