“A piece of history - Amazing Place!”
Review of The Fidler House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Selkirk
The Fidler House
Ranked #4 of 5 Selkirk B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Where do I even begin? My husband, my brother and I had an annual family event in Selkirk and wanted a place to stay that wasn't a hotel. I found Bev and Fraser's B&B online by accident and I'm SO glad I did! When we arrived, we were welcomed immediately by the Stewarts, and they were so warm and inviting. They took us through the historical Bunn House that we were staying in (our aunts were staying in the Fidler House across the lane), and we couldn't believe the history and charm of this house! The books, the pictures, the items throughout are all incredible. It was like staying in a museum but they encourage you to touch everything! When Fraser found out my maiden name and about our family event, he even was kind enough to provide my family history of the area when they settled in Manitoba. I didn't want to leave.....
They stock the fridge with all the essentials (and more) for a great breakfast each day, and we were very comfortable during our stay. All I can say is I hope to return and stay here for many more years during our annual family events.

Thank you Bev and Fraser! I hope you read these reviews! We will be back.

Tannis, Sean and Jesse

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2013

It felt just like going back to the days when I visited my grandparents as a child. The hosts, Bev and Fraser Stewart were so warm, friendly and helpful to us, super hospitality, just like in the good old days! They really love children and it shows by all the special touches they have done to make the guest house a great place for families. There was plenty of room indoors and an enormous screened-in porch with a high ceiling. Surrounding the yard we had a great view of the llamas and a scenic setting of old barns and white fences. They have walking paths and a private dock on the Red River where we fished for pickerel. There was lots for families to do in Selkirk, too. The marine museum was holding a haunted halloween boat event. We are so happy to have discovered this place and now we know we have no reason to look elsewhere for a room when visiting family in the city. The cupboard was also very generously stocked and the kids loved finding the goodies she had left for us, even a bouquet of flowers! Thanks for a memorable stay on your farm!

Room Tip: oops, I rated a fitness centre, but there isn't one, so to keep in shape I recommend you use Fra...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2011

This bed and breakfast is actually a separate cottage on a hobby farm property where the owners still live in a separate house. It's right along the Red River (although the river is inaccessible right there due to a steep hill) and right near Selkirk, about 20 mins north of Winnipeg's edge. Yet it feels like you're really in the country, largely due to the barn closeby and the dozen or so llamas that wander the yard surrounding the cottage. They're a really welcome sight and surprisingly fun to watch through the windows. And they don't smell or make noise, which is good. We've been there three times and love it. Every time we just totally relax: watching movies, reading, napping, having campfires outside, etc. There's a really nice screened-in porch, tv and dvd player and full kitchen. Also, the owners basically leave you alone if that's what you want, so it's like renting a cabin for the night - no other guests at the same time to make small talk with. The owners, Fraser and Bev, are really nice, friendly people and they do a good job stocking the fridge (that's the "breakfast" part of the b n b) with fresh fruit, bagels, yogurt, bacon and eggs, OJ, etc, and usually have nice touches like fresh flowers. All in all, it's a really nice place to relax close to Winnipeg.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SammyNPaul

Been to The Fidler House? Share your experiences!