“You won't be disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of River Rock Inn

River Rock Inn
River Rock Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Rockland B&B and Inns
“You won't be disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

This Inn is fantastic and lovely, I felt very peaceful and comfortable and will definitely be going there again. Keep up the fantastic work. I was nothing but pleased and surprised at what a small town could offer on such short notice.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Joedagr8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was pleasantly surprised to see a well appointed room that was very clean in such a small town. We enjoyed the small patio as well as it was nice to be able to go outside and lounge. The staff at the desk were very helpful with all of our questions (and suggested the Stoneriver restaurant which was outstanding - another hidden gem in such a small town). I stay at a lot of hotels and I was very impressed - and I appreciated the small size of the hotel with all the amenities you could ask for.

Room Tip: Main level rooms have an outdoor patio.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Shawna B
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at the River Rock Inn from Friday-Sunday and when we arrived I noticed the area smelt horrible due to the water and it travelled with us into the hotel. I quite enjoyed our room we had a king bed and a very spacious bathroom. I did not like how there was no couch to relax on in its place was an useless little desk. I also felt the hotel was over priced for its location, the workout room has three peices of equipment and the man at the front desk was not there when we had concerns about a man trying to get into our room because he was drunk. The person who works the front desk also has to do folding of towels and laundry and also does the morning breakfast. The hotel is a nice place but it needs a pool and lower prices... also the luxury suite has a murphy bed and the smallest kitchen ever... I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank carlyjohnstonn
Ennismore, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I made of reservation for my husband who was planning to do business in Rockland. Plans changed and I called the River Rock Inn to cancel the reservation 40 hours before expected arrival. The staff informed me that the room will be charged never the less. This policy is so far outside Industry Standard, I was totally taken aback. I had not read the reservation letter other than check the detail of date and room choice. I had no way to expect that a regular hotel would have such a different policy as others. I book hotels day in, day out. Give me a break! I will never stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Danielle W
Lansdowne, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

After doing my usual research, I found this Inn in Rockland. What a treat! A pleasant drive along the Ottawa River brings one to Rockland (however at rush hour this same drive might be a slow motion experience...I was amazed at the steady commuter stream heading east beginning early in the morning...the two lane road makes for slow transit in heavy traffic loads, I'm sure....fortunately I didn't have to be part of that mess)
The inn has a partial river view, obscured by some housing development across the highway.

The building is very new, very well kept, and quite lovely. The staff were perfect...polite, friendly and helpful. The stairs to the second floor are a bit steep and long...I saw no sign of an elevator, although I did not inquire.

The room...a luxury suite with a jetted bath....was immaculate and very comfortable. Good free wi-fi. TV, refrigerator, and very nice furniture and art..not the usual chain hotel generic stuff. Very nice little private balcony.

Breakfast was standard continental, with a better-than average selection of cereals, pastries, breads and fruit. The dining area was very nice as well.

A great stay, and the price was fantastic..well worth the drive out of Ottawa (not to mention included parking, something many Ottawa hotels lack)

Room Tip: River view rooms also face the highway, which is quite busy early. Perhaps a consideration for ligh...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank JackFord
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Lets talk about the good things about this place:
Rooms are very nice, modern, clean, spacious. The "honeymoon" room is one of the best one I have seen, and I have seen a lot. Reception is quick, courtious, polite, always with a smile. In fact every single employee I have crossed gave me the nicest, and honest smile.. except for one. The reception hall is very big, clean, A/C works fine (even when crowded). A very good place to have a wedding reception.
However, the Event Manager (I think her name was Nicole), was the worst staff, I have ever seen... in any position, business, situation, country. She yeld at guest, cursing at them for NO REASONS whatsoever....and she did it more than once so it was NOT an insolated incident. This women should NEVER work with the public. I contacted the RiverRock manager (Johanne) who took this mather very seriously, but when I contacted her one week later she refered me to another manager.
Now, I don't know what happend to this employee, or if she still work there, but before booking this place for a big event, contact them to assure that this Event Coordinator does not work that night.
I would have given this place a 5 stars, but that employee alone made them 3 stars.
Also, I posted this review 2 weeks ago on their FB page, but they deleted it. So I have no choice but to post here where they don't have control over what is being posted / deleted.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank JasonGilmore
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

In July, I had a badluck and thankfully, the RiverRock INN was there. The staff is great and very friendly. They make you feel at home. It is a small hotel, very confortable & very clean.

I had a room called the Hospitality Suite with a kitchenette with a eating area (Counter with 4 bar stools), a queen murphy bed (Which was quite confortable), a beautiful bathroom with a walk-in shower that has a little bench to sit down (Very practical if needed) and there's also a sofa bed in case you need the extra sleeping space (Also confortable).

I mostly spoke with the manager, Joanne, who was very kind and welcoming. When I checked in, she told me about the continental breakfast which was included in the price of the room (Cereals, bagels, toasts, fresh fruits, fruit salad, croissants, muffins, coffee, tea, orange juice, milk) was very good.

I do recommend the INN for one simple reason. Everything is easy! Staff is great. Room has everything you need. They are pet friendly, so I could bring my dog (No need to find someone to take care of her). There's restaurants all around, grocerie stores, everything you need!! Great location.

All I have to say is... Thank you RiverRock INN for your hospitality and great service!!

Room Tip: I really liked the hospitality suite. It has all you need for a long stay. If you are a family, ther...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Fr4nkz2oo8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockland
Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello
#6 of 25 in Gatineau
Motel Les Pignons Verts
Motel Les Pignons Verts
#1 of 1 in Buckingham

Been to River Rock Inn? Share your experiences!