“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 6 St. Marys B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

We stayed overnight and once again thouroughly enjoyed our stay. We celebrated two 75th
birthdays in the onsite dining room & the food & service were excellent. We are looking forward to our next stay there.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed for a weekend getaway here .... it was by far the most comfortable places away from home I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. The mattress, the bedding, the pillows all were superior. The temperature was a touch cold for my liking but when I changed the temperature control it was almost instant to become comfortable,
The room was clean and fresh however the view was a little less than expected as it was just an emply field.
The Staff were very pleasant, and the Restaurant Exceptional
I can wait to visit again and highly recommend to any traveller

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DEBD280
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Went for an overnight with my sister and our children and it was a lovely place. Large, attractive, clean room. Very friendly service. We had dinner at the on-site restaurant and it was excellent. The continental breakfast provided was a nice surprise. The town of St. Mary's has some lovely architectural sites and is also very close to Stratford. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kristen A
Sarnia, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We thought that this would be a nice little getaway for the Family Day long weekend as well as our Anniversary. I am happy that this was just a Groupon as I would never have paid the full price posted on the back of our door $275 a night! This place is about 15 min. from Stratford and there are much nicer places to stay there for a lot less. When I had booked the room it would have been nice for the lady to tell me that nothing would be open in town for the two days that we were there! Also we were the only couple staying at the hotel last night from as far as I could tell and we were not even offered an upgrade for our anniversary or to compensate for the fact that there was NOTHING to do there. We sat in our basic room and waited until dinner. Dinner was not worth the money we paid. I got the perch and was only given three little pieces and my husband ordered the steak that he would rate a 5 out of 10, not worth $25. I read lots of great reviews about dinner so I was looking forward to it, I guess the Sunday night cook is different. The night before we stayed at the Annex in Stratford and had an amazing dinner there so check it out instead, the rooms there are amazing. They are much nicer (fireplace, jacuzzi tub for two, nice sitting area) and it is much cheeper as well. The breakfast in the morning was awful and it seemed like they just put some store baught items on a plate the night before. Very plain rooms and nothing to do, all dressed up an no place to go :(

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carilyn P
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Me and a friend made an unexpected stop in St. Marys and couldn't be happier about it. Stayed in a Balcony Suite that had two of the most comfortable queen beds I have ever stayed in. Your other basic ammenities were all clean and available in the room including a great Keurig Coffee Maker that I enjoyed and your usual flat panel TV. Beyond that we were also provided with COMPLIMENTARY Soda, snacks and water in the room as well as a great carry bag which proved to be helpful as I always pack too much. The Wifi allowed us to use our I Pad for entertainment. In the morning I had slept late but the girl at the front desk was happy to provide me with the continental breakfast plate they had fixed for me pending my wake up. Furthermore I was provided with a charger to charge my phone, as this is always something I forget. Helpful, Clean, Friendly and a staff that clearly cares and goes the extra mile!

Room Tip: Go for the balcony suite on the corner -- 702 I believe, duel windows and a private Oasis
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MegFeens
Mississauga, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Many of our family members stayed for a funeral on February 4, 2012. The manager was very unprofessional and immature, and refused to give his name when asked. He threatened to call the police because our 19 year old disabled daughter (autism) had locked herself out of the room and was crying to be let in. When told we had just buried my husband's father, his response was "that's not my fault". Mature, eh? We intend to file a human rights complaint, because it is clear that the disabled are not welcome here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Sharon A
London, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

Stayed at the Stone Willow Inn over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised. Ate dinner on Saturday at their in house restaurant "Wildstone", the food was just excellent. It was quite busy, staff still found the time to be pleasant and helpful. We stayed in a premium queen room, which was well appointed and spotless (cleanliness can be an issue with us, was not an issue here). Complimentary breakfast in the morning was a nice treat. Looking forward to our next trip to St. Marys.

Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
#8 of 18 in Stratford
Westover Inn
Westover Inn
#5 of 6 in St. Marys

Been to Stone Willow Inn? Share your experiences!