The Stone Willow has large, well lit rooms. Our room was clean, had a small fridge, and the sink was outside the bathroom, which is very useful for two people. The continental breakfast was good, if not stellar. There is cereal, baked goods, including home made muffins; yogurt, make your own waffles, mainly melon fruit salad, and good coffee. Considering it is included, that's pretty nice. The deal breaker for us is that our room had a communicating door; and it was like sharing our room with another couple. We could hear their discussion of when to leave for the show, hear big yawns, hear the tv game show, etc. That is unacceptable. They were not having a party. This needs to be fixed, or we would never stay in such a room again. Not all rooms have communicating doors; we asked. Unfortunately, they were full up, so we couldn't change. The heavy duvet on the bed, while luxurious, was too hot for us. Simply by asking, it was changed to regular sheet and blanket. Very good service. The air conditioner is fairly old and loud. Really too bad about these faults, because otherwise the place is a real find in this area. St. Mary's is also called 'Stonetown', and has a couple of blocks of beautiful old stone stores downtown. There is a great little booklet, very well done, to guide you on a walk. (You will see the original 'Eaton' store! And it's not quite who you think) There is a really nice 13km nature trail on old railway right of way which is a great walk, and you can do shorter sections. It is convenient to Stratford, about 15-20 min. away on good road. We would definitely stay here again, but only if guaranteed a room without communicating door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The definition of hospitality at the Stone Willow Inn may be different from other hotels. We are proud of our individuality and our non affiliated brand name, which we confidently display. Our originality brings us great pride. We are also proud of the important features, like a clean, comfortable bed. Our 'Willow Wonderful' Bedding is the hallmark of the Stone Willow Inn. Our plush microfiber mattress pads, duvets and pillows will guarantee the best sleep of your life. We recognize our guests and pay attention to the small details that will make your stay more enjoyable and satisfying. When staying at the Stone Willow Inn you are our guest, and we will go out of our way to cater to your needs. That's where our motto comes from. Don't worry about it, its all taken care of. At the Stone Willow Inn we offer experiences that turn into lasting memories. Memories that make you want to return more than once. Memories of how our small town hospitality makes our hotel feel like home. Memories that make you want to escape from the big city or the stresses of your everyday routine, but also to enjoy the quiet, peace and warmth of the Stone Willow Inn. We also offer an onsite restaurant The Wildstone Bar & Grill featuring contemporary cuisine with an emphasis on local ingredients. We offer an ever evolving menu in an inviting, comfortable, atmosphere featuring a variety of local wines and a great selection of craft beer. The Wildstone Bar & Grill is very well known locally for our Prime Rib, Steak and Lamb. Our culinary team is constantly developing new, delicious menu items and specials for your dining pleasures. Whether you are looking for a casual business lunch, an intimate dinner for two, a family celebration, or a glass of wine at the end of the day, we would love to welcome you and treat you to a comfortable, relaxing experience with unparalleled service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Ebookers so you can book your Stone Willow Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stone Willow Hotel St. Marys
- Stone Willow Inn St. Marys, Ontario, Canada