“Chain Restaurant”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Unlike most steak houses, a large warehouse type setting. Our party of seven had a varied meal and results. Steak was good, nicely cooked, but not flavourful. The scallops were very good. Salmon tartar had little taste. Frites were good and an all you can eat item. Very little ambiance. Service was good. The best part was you can bring your own wine and there is no corkage fee. Overall, would return with a lower expectation bar.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Nice decor and ok food but the service sucks. Went there in a group last weekend, 1.5 hrs between starter and main course and then some mains were undercooked. The prices are just too high for this level of service no matter how trendy it looks.

1  Thank Englishman_here
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We were there with friends on a Saturday night, and everyone enjoyed it. The price is right and it's a bring your own wine, which we always appreciate as it does not add to your final bill.

I am not a beef lover, but I really enjoyed the brochette I ordered. As for the fries, I did not like, I am not a fries eater.

The service was okay, but can be improved.

Will we return, definitely.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Funny, but this restaurant seems to be a love it or leave it experience. While I know people who rave about this chain, I found the one in Kirkland average at best. The service was unpolished (one order was lost) and the steak was OK, but disappointing for the cost. Definitely over-rated.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

My wife and I went to Steak Frites in Kirkland for my birthday dinner in October. I'm a huge steak lover, wanted to try something new, and I was hoping this would be good mid-range West Island option. I really liked the fact that it's BYO wine, meaning you get the wine yo really want and save a few bucks in the process.

We arrived at 9:00pm and I was happy to see that the parking lot was full. I took its apparent popularity as a good sign. Unfortunately that didn't last very long. We waited 15 minutes for our table despite the fact that we had a reservation and that we were the only ones at the front. It was a little frustrating but certainly not enough to affect the rest of the evening.

The place was very nice looking and had a good ambience. I liked the brick, the very high ceilings and the massive cylindrical lights.

They sat us at a mini-booth for two right by the kitchen entrance. No problem there, except that the swinging door was mounted to the same decorative wood trim as the back of my seat, so every time a server went through it, which was several times per minute, the entire seat would shake. I tried to ignore it for awhile but wasn't able to do so. After a few minutes another booth a few tables down opened up so I asked the hostess if we could move there, which we did.

For some reason we had two servers, so after being greeted and having our drink orders taken someone dropped by to greet us and ask if we wanted to start with some drinks. When I mentioned we'd already been served the second server told us that they were sharing the section. Again, no big deal, but it reinforced the idea I was already getting that the place was pretty disorganized (and we continued with both servers throughout the night).

My wife ordered the calamari entrée and I ordered the escargots, no cheese. She loved her choice but unfortunately my escargots came with cheese on them. They replaced them for me but the new ones were barely even warm. Since my wife had already finished her entrée, which she had received ten minutes earlier, I just ate the warm escargots.

For the main course she had the shrimp tempura and I ordered the "Le Steak Frites" medium-rare. Once again she enjoyed her meal but the portion size was very, very small. Once again they managed to screw mine up, bringing the steak out well-done. Once again they replaced my meal, meaning that once again my wife ate alone while I watched. And predictably enough the new steak they brought me was rare at best. That's better than overdone, for me anyway, and since my wife was pretty much finished her mini-meal I just ate it. At least the fries were good!

In the end we decided to skip dessert and call it a night. Needless to say we won't be going back there any time soon - or ever!