“Quietest hotel ever. Good for an overnight pit stop.”
Review of Slumber Inn

Slumber Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Minas
Frankville, Nova Scotia
“Quietest hotel ever. Good for an overnight pit stop.”
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Location was convenient. The quietest hotel ever, probably thanks to the sign outside each door stating the hours for the noise policy. It wasn't worth the walk to get the continental breakfast. This needs to be improved or dropped from the list of amenities.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 25 September 2013

grab a room here asap when you arrive - whether it be dropping off a student family member in the area or whether you are vacationing. you can't go wrong with 'the slumber inn'. it isclean, reasonably priced and it is the only show in town. i would have expected more than just b&b's in a town housing a university of ACADIA'S stature. but low and behold, this place is IT!!! the staff are very accommodating and helpful. the rooms are indeed clean and the location is right by the highway. even though there is little competition for tourist dollars, this establishment does a great job of looking after the traveller. no worries other than room availability. book ahead if possible to ensure you have lodging, there isn't a great deal of choice in and around wolfville. if you can secure your room here you will be satisfied. but don't leave lodging in this area to chance if you are travelling in busy season, as again there is little choice. but i got a great night's sleep and was completely satisfied staying here at the slumber inn. we arrived in the off season and were fortunate that tourism was light when we visited and acquiring our night's room wasn't a problem.

Room Tip: be sure and enquire ahead to ensure your place as hotels in the area are near non existent.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Camden, Maine, United States
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The Slumber Inn had very clean rooms with super comfortable beds. However, the towels were a bit thin and small. The breakfast was very good with choices of baked goods, cereals, yoghurt and great coffee. The hotel has a night time quiet policy as well. But the best thing about this hotel was the honesty of the people working there.
We were in the area for a family funeral. My cousin's family was staying another night at the hotel, but we left right from the service. When my cousin returned to the hotel, one of the staff members approached her and said that someone in her party had forgotten something. She handed my iPad to my cousin. Now this was an unlocked, no password iPad that I had had for only about two months. I don't know who the staff member or members were who were responsible for finding and returning it, but I am extremely grateful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jan G
Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

Slumber inn is a good place to spend a night but is a stop over, not a destination.
Being 65 years old I was happy to get a room on the first floor as it is getting harder for me to climb stairs carrying luggage. It turns out that the lobby is ground level, but they call that level two, so again I had to climb stairs down to level one and up two flights in the morning to check out.
The room was tastefully decorated and had such amenities as a large screen HD tv, hair dryer, fridge, microwave, iron and board and free WiFi.
The continental breakfast was basic but was distributed between three different rooms; coffee was in the hallway leading from the lobby to the back parking lot; yogourt muffins and fruit were in three different areas near the front desk and the rest were in the breakfast room, which had only 2 tables.
The parking lot was huge and wrapped around all four walls of the motel.
All in all, this was a very clean motel with excellent front desk staff but was a little steep at $128.
When you're the only game in town, what can you do?

• Stayed May 2013
Yarmouth, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2013

When we first booked, I as very surprised to learn that the rooms had either a queen or 2 twin beds! I've never seen that in hotel like this. However, when I arrived I realized that the rooms are not big enough to accommodate 2 doubles, so I guess having the 2 twins at least presents an option. It makes things difficult if you are travelling with children. My boyfriend and I went with his daughter. We asked for a cot when we booked, but they were already all taken. (There was an event going on in the area which brought a lot of families and children there, so I assume this wouldn't always be the case!). In the end, we did get a cot.

The woman working at the front desk was pleasant and helpful (Jennifer, I think). However, we weren't told about the continental breakfast, or where and when it was available. We were surprised when we went down in the morning to get coffee and saw others eating! But it was welcome. The breakfast was basic, similar to what you'd get at other hotels in this price range. I thought the $89 per night was pretty standard for this kind of hotel.

I am quite sensitive to noise and the slightest smell of cigarette smoke, and experienced neither. I didn't find the bed very comfortable, but my boyfriend did. So I guess it's a matter of choice. I didn't like that the sink is outside of the bathroom. I prefer bathroom and sink to be in the same room, and not on a carpeted floor. The shower was roomy for a shower stall, and had good water pressure.

Overall, a pleasant stay for the night, but it wouldn't be my first choice if I had to stay several nights, or if I was travelling with children.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 1 April 2013

This Hotel is definatly not my first choice but i was traveling on business and really only looking for a comfortable bed and that is exactly what i got! The hotel room was clean with a great shower, not a big bathroom but hey what do you do in their anyway. The room was not 5 star fancy but like i said; i needed sleep so it worked for me. I didn't eat in the morning so i cannot comment on the food.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Shediac, New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed 31 January 2013

We were there in January and found it clean and in reasonable condition. The bathroom is a little small, having just a shower and toilet. You have to use the sink in the bedroom. There was no comfortable chair to watch TV, just desk chairs. The breakfast items are in different places so you have to ask or look around the lobby to find all items. The coffee is in the hall, the muffins are in the lobby, the fruits and cereals are outside the kitchen and the bread and bagels are in the kitchen.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Micro Boutique Living Wolfville
Tattingstone Inn
Tattingstone Inn
#2 of 10 in Wolfville

Been to Slumber Inn? Share your experiences!