“Good stay but a bit pricey for a Super 8”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Virden
Reviewed 12 July 2014

If you are staying in Virden this is a good option. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the continental breakfast included scrambled eggs and bacon. Not usual for this type of hotel however, considering the price, you are paying for it. Staff were friendly and there were several restaurants quite close. I would have no reservations about staying here again

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

In April I had a reservation for one night.
I understand that you create an enormous amount of revenue from sports teams. With this being said, I would have appreciated being made aware of this when I booked my room. Or at least put us on a floor where we were not surrounded by children screaming and playing ball in the halls all evening.
We were not allowed to use the hot tub as the water facility was over run with children all day and evening.
When we went for breakfast there was no room to eat. We left to return to the fact there was no hot breakfast items available.
Very poor experience, and never recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Popogigo
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Rooms are huge, mattresses are super cozy, hot breakfast is great, staff was friendly - they originally screwed up my reservation which was for 2.5 months, but promptly fixed the issue and accommodated me during a very busy time for the hotel which was appreciated. Unfortunately their corporate rates are basically non existent. With the discount the room was $140/night after taxes. Which is WAY overpriced.. Also, after providing them business cards from my employer to receive the discount, (apparently a call from the project manager who sets up corp rates wasn't sufficient - they insisted on a business card) they wouldn't give me the discount back to the day I checked in (it took me several days to get a card from my employer), which was just poor customer service. Overall my time there was great, besides the outrageous price. Next time I'm here for work I will definitely stay somewhere cheaper. If you are just passing through, you'd be better off driving 45 min east to Brandon where the hotels are competitively affordable.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank T G
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Nice hotel. Very busy with oilfield. crews, but are very clean and quite. Bit pricey. Good staff. Clean with nice beds and TV's. Close to Tim Hortons and A&W. Free WiFI. Had a hot breakfast that was good.. The family rooms are great and about the only place to stay in Virden.

Room Tip: family rooms good, with separate bunk bed rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ken M
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a 'family room' which includes a king bed & sofabed in the main room (with a half wall between the beds), as well as a completely separate bedroom (with a door) that includes bunk beds. And, the bunk beds are a queen on the bottom & double on top. There are 2 tv's, one in each room. Only thing that would put this room over the top would be another half or full bathroom. The room also includes a microwave & mini fridge. Only downside is the tub is quite shallow, which is a safety concern for my toddler. But that can be managed.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This was one of the few places on our 4-week trip where we did not make advance reservations. We were thrilled to find an available room here. It was quiet, comfortable, clean, with wi-fi, great TV, very comfortable bed, wonderful shower and breakfast in the morning. After an 11-hour drive, we were thrilled to be here and not disappointed!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Seahorse825
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

I always like staying in Virden when I am in the area for business. The staff are exceptional and try hard to please the customer. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The best sleep of my trip was my night at this hotel. Breakfast was ok, the last time I was in town it was a lot better. I ate late so maybe that's why. Tim Horton's out front and they have a pool with a waterslide. Look forward to returning again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Polytech

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!