Having read very positive reviews of The Clive I was disappointed by our visit. Our bedroom was hot, despite the ambient temperatures being low 20s. They are obviously aware of this as there was a fan in the room, but it was too noisy to be left running all night. We had the (velox) windows open, so had road noise instead. However, the biggest disappointment was the food. The presentation is excellent, the staff are very helpful, but the taste was a let-down. Especially poor was the cooked breakfast, most ingredients - egg, mushrooms, sausage, tomato were lacking in flavour and the bacon tasted as though it had been kept warm for too long. Given that this hotel is set in the midst of rich farming country, surely better quality local ingredients could be found. Interesting that I am not the only one to complain about the breakfast, shame the hotel hasn't taken note.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 15 En-suite bedrooms situated in period outbuildings tastefully converted to provide contemporary accommodation. Bedrooms are very well equipped and some suitable for families. With an emphasis on fresh local produce the Clive Restaurant is renowned for locally sourced food, two AA Rosettes and entries in the Good Food and Michelin Guide. The Bar offers less formal dining and lighter menu. Located in Bromfield just 2 miles north of Ludlow with ample parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your The Clive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Clive Restaurant With Rooms Hotel Bromfield
- The Clive Ludlow/Bromfield