As someone who has eaten regularly at the Clive over many yearsI was Really disappointed with the whole experience on my last visit. The service has gone downhill and the food with it. As I only wanted a light lunch I ordered the Chicken Caesar salad (seeing that it came with chips I thought I can leave those)Well I and the rest of our party could not believe what was given to me.It looked like a sharing meal from a Kentucky fried chicken advertisement.Very pleasant Caesar salad in the centre a small portion of chips and then a vast" pile" of deep fried Whitebait and Horror of Horrors not 1 but 3 enormous deep fried slices of Chicken breast in a greasy breadcrumb crust.On commenting to the waitress that this was not what one normally expects as a Caesar salad the attitude was well that's how we do it take it or leave it !!!!!
Having read other recent reviews I feel a total rethink of the menu and staff training is in order and wonder how long the Manager is going to use the excuse" we only took over a few months ago."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 15 En-suite bedrooms situated in period outbuildings tastefully converted to provide contemporary accommodation. Bedrooms are very well equipped and some suitable for families. With an emphasis on fresh local produce the Clive Restaurant is renowned for locally sourced food, two AA Rosettes and entries in the Good Food and Michelin Guide. The Bar offers less formal dining and lighter menu. Located in Bromfield just 2 miles north of Ludlow with ample parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your The Clive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Clive Restaurant With Rooms Hotel Bromfield
- The Clive Ludlow/Bromfield