Had dinner here whilst visiting the area. A real mixed bag in terms of good and bad points.
The good bits:
- decor and atmosphere good - half the tables were taken, lighting added to ambience and there was a good 'buzz' about the place
- the waiter who took our order came across as professional and helpful
- starters were nice on the whole
- my beef fillet was absolutely delicious and the vegetables were beautifully cooked
- there were lots of staff
The bad bits:
- we were rushed through far too quickly given the cost of the meal
- we were given two thin, straggly pieces of bread for the bread basket
- whilst my beef was beautifully cooked, the rest of my meal was only just warm
- we ordered the cheeseboard for dessert, which looked as if it had been thrown on the plate and included a piece of very dry bread
- most of the staff were young, Saturday staff who were clearly inexperienced
- when we paid the bill we were actually asked if we were going to leave a gratuity (!) and the girl stood and watched my husband whilst he put his PIN number in the card machine!!
Overall, the meal was ok, but certainly overpriced for the service and quality of the some of the produce used. I wouldn't particularly recommend it as I have had much better meals elsewhere where the cost has been comparable.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.