“Perfect in every way.”

Price range: US$18 - US$40
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: 15 En-suite bedrooms situated in period outbuildings tastefully converted to provide contemporary accommodation. Bedrooms are very well equipped and some suitable for families. With an emphasis on fresh local produce the Clive Restaurant is renowned for locally sourced food, two AA Rosettes and entries in the Good Food and Michelin Guide. The Bar offers less formal dining and lighter menu. Located in Bromfield just 2 miles north of Ludlow with ample parking.
Reviewed 23 March 2010

If you want somewhere with good food, excellent service and a lovely atmosphere this could be the place for you. I eat here at least once a month and it is always faultless. The Clive has a lovely open fire in the bar in the winter ans patio doors opening to a pretty courtyard in the summer. The decor is fresh and a lovely mix of contemporary art and antique furniture. The service is exceptional, no waiting hoping to catch the eye of a waiter but not fussy either. The menu offers a good variety of interesting dishes that are well cooked and not dull. They are flexible enough to cater to the tastes of veggies like me who know exactly what they like without it ever being an issue. I rate this place so highly that I booked it for a private party (laid back non bridezilla afternoon wedding reception) and again the catering was superb. A hot running buffet was provided at my request for informality and it was exceptional and incredibly well organised. All of my guests loved The Clive and I know many have returned for dinner.

Reviewed 9 March 2010

My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit and found The Clive to be very good value for money. We were very impressed by the high specification of the accommodation and found the peace and quiet of Shropshire to be a most welcome contrast to the constant noise of London. Our evening meal was of extremely high quality and absolutely delicious. The wine list was comprehensive and reasonably prices. The staff were friendly, welcoming and attentive. We could not have asked for more.

All in all, with hindsight, we wish we’d booked for two nights instead of one.

Reviewed 7 December 2009

Had the worst Sunday lunch here - food unimaginative, tasteless and not well presented. Service poor. High prices for a sub standard meal.

1  Thank korkythecat
Reviewed 15 October 2009

Just spent 3 nights at The Clive B & B. The rooms which are a converted barn are spacious and the furnishings and decor to an extremely high standard. The restaurant and bar food is imaginative and fabulous, wine list excellent. The staff are friendly, helpful and efficient. Even though it is on a main road the whole place has an air of calm and quiet. Can't wait to go back

Reviewed 2 September 2009

We stayed one night and then two more later in the week having found it such a great place to stay on the first visit. The staff are extremely attentive and responsive and the quality of the food and the rooms is excellent.

Their flexibility for my partner's allergies was extremely considerate and caring.

We could not fault the entire experience.