All reviews affordable price rubbish malaysia coconut sand
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Have just spent three nights in this serene hideaway, just 15 mins from airport! Perfect place to unwind and relax, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It's a beautiful spot to sit and watch the sunset. There are many shaded areas to sit around the hotel, to read, listen to the rythmn of the waves, or just admire the beauty of the surroundings.
As mentioned.elsewhere, the beach is littered further along but not directly outside this quaint little hotel. James, is a very.friendly.host and his.staff were only too happy to help me.
There are larger shops (Golden dragon and GT Mart)a mile away. I walked along the main road to get there but it's probably better to hop in a cab or get the little bus that stops along the road.
There's a wonderful cafe along.the.beach called Anjung Soka where you can get home cooked.food and wonderful juices; watermelon carrot, guava, and also the.coconut au naturel! Shockingly cheap!
I loved the seaside traveller's inn so much, i plan to return at the end of my trip to experience this tranquil little haven for.one more day, which.would be a perfect end to a colourful trip round Borneo.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
James O, Manager at Seaside Travellers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Michelle,

Greetings from the seasiders! My apologies for the delay.

Your kind comments about our humble place is much appreciated.

One can buy stuffs at Kinarut and Sabindo Lok Kawi towns not too far away and also the new township in between where Golden Dragon and G Mart are located.

I too like Anjung Soka and we support local businesses. You may like to visit the tamu (local market) at Kinarut on Saturday morning during your next stay :)

Hope you visit Borneo again someday.

Thanks for communicating.

Cheers...James (5/6/2018)

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I stayed with my family (inc Kids ages 2-8) for 1 night. Kids wanted to play sand so I let them but sadly it was full of rubbish and it is dangerous because there are pieces of broken glasses. It quit not safe for u to let your things (money, Phone etc) at your room because it is open to anybody passed by. Strangers person always keep walking along the beach. So, Please keep your things very well.

Breakfast is so disappointed. We only served with Fried Rice, Fried Noodle, and Bread, with coffee and Milo (Milo served in a little pot. First come first served). And if you late, you'll be missed your breakfast.

The room is Okay for me, Air-Condition is Okay. Thanx.

Room Tip: choose room at first floor, facing the beach.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
James O, Owner at Seaside Travellers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear Ms Badrisyah Balqis,

Greetings from Kinarut! Sorry for responding only now.

Thank you for staying with us in March. We have taken note about the rubbish and broken glasses, our maintenance team may have yet to cover the area that your kids were playing at at that time, but you will be happy to know that we clean and rake our seaside area daily.

Room-guests should shut and lock the door when leaving the room and valuables can be handed over to our front office for safe keeping. The fence along our sea front is erected for security and safety purposes.

Kindly be informed that our complimentary breakfast is CONTINENTAL (a light breakfast of coffee and bread rolls) - we give local coffee & tea, bread, butter, jam, fruits (sometimes juice too), oats, fried rice &/or fried mee/meehoon. Milo is made available when there are children staying and refilled (upon request) when finished just like the other items. Available from 7.30am to 9.30am.

Breakfast Egg Menu available by order; half/hard boiled, bulls-eye, scrambled/omelette @ RM4.00 to RM4.50 per order

Glad that your room and air-conditioning are fine. Do try the newly renovated rooms upstairs the main building on your next stay - Deluxe single/double and triple @ now RM150.00 and RM180.00 respectively (promo rate).

Hope to be of service to you again sometime soon.

Many thanks again for communicating with us.

Cheers....James (11/6/2018)

Reviewed 18 August 2017

I have been coming to this establishment systematically for 20 years now. We would come and stay overnight once every two years when we come back to Malaysia and I was sad to notice that they lacked attention and client service. When my brother made the booking he specifically told them that this was a 15th anniversary celebration and they did nothing, no gesture whatsoever. They could have offered freshly cut coconut that grew on their ground and that would have made a huge impact that they cared but NOTHING. The menu has not been changed all these years and the breakfast was SAD. Bread for toast, butter and jam, fried noodles, pineapples with coffee, tea and milk. That's it. I have enjoyed coming here for the scenery but that's about it. Maybe this loyal customer will now start looking for other places to stay next time........

Room Tip: Their chalets are all nice and calm but if you want to hear the sea, choose the room facing the sea!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Went there with the family and kids. Has a nice pool area though no section for children's only as compared to the other properties in the area so please standby floats.

Beach is right in front of hotel and is generally clean. F&B are not too pricey as compared to the other hotels in the area and breakfast was a self serve mini buffet consisting of one hot dish, fruits and breads. Nothing fancy but sufficient.

TV channels quality need improvement as most channels were having poor reception and requested for additional pillows but never came. WIFI is apparently available but as expected poor connection.

Again it is minor details that needs to be improved but if you are planning to bring a group of friends, it can be enjoyable as rooms are quite big and they have BBQ area at beach side.

Room Tip: Ask for the sea view rooms as its nearer to the pools and beach side.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2016

Basically the place is nice and a little nostalgic especially at the lobby area. The room was old and the bed sheets were sandy. overall we had a good stay and my boy enjoyed the pool which 2 of us and my wife enjoyed it too. Don't bothered swimming at the beach cause rubbish and plastics were noticeable everywhere.

Stayed: October 2016