Pollards Inn
US$121
US$117
Travelocity
Brook Meadow Hotel(Childer Thornton)
US$69
US$126
US$261
US$249
Agoda.com
Premier Inn Wirral (Two Mills) Hotel(Ledsham)(Great Value!)
US$87
PremierInn.com
Goss Moor B&B(Willaston on the Wirral)
TripAdvisor
All reviewschildren's menuflush buttonshot glassserved separatelyfamily mealfor lunch todaybeer gardenquiz nightness gardensreal alegreat pubchristmas daylarge partyfish and chipslovely surroundingsfull english breakfastbe visiting again
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed at the Pollards Inn during The Open golf championship, and had a fantastic time! We had three rooms which were clean & comfortable, and several great meals in the restaurant. Each morning we enjoyed a fantastic breakfast and the pleasure of Ken's company. The entire team that works there could not have been nicer, at the end of the week we felt like they were our friends. Thank you for Jamie, Ken, Charlie, Jack, Liss, and everyone that works there for making us feel so at home. We appreciate your great service so much, and can't wait to see you again soon!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vicky M
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Just had a terrible meal at Pollards. The house burger which used to be great comprised of two small burgers between a bun with a slice if lettuce and limp piece of bacon with chips in a mug. The most uninspiring burger I have had for years. Additionally the kids fish had bones in it and was clearly one fillet cut in two. My wife's fish was meant to be smoked haddock but clearly had not been near a smoker... When we mentioned it we were met with only comments of justification and no remorse or apology and worse still nothing off the bill. Something is not working here at the moment and we won't be back for a while - a shame as it used to be good.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Richard H
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Had another lovely meal at Pollards. We took my sister out for her 60th birthday and she thoroughly enjoyed herself. Staff very friendly and helpful. Food is of high quality and cooked well. Good real ale to drink as well. Recommended

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Early evening on a hot June day, quickly found an inside table and the service was prompt and friendly. Food of ribs and fries flavoursome and nicely presented. Others may disagree but I would prefer a dress code, don't particularly want to have my nice meal whilst the occasional person comes In with no shirt on.....

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank timmy1011
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed here for my sister's 50th. Overall they were very friendly people, we were let down on the food (leaving 4 family members financially compensated but left hungry) and I feel the bedrooms could receive some improvements to make things more comfortable.

The website presents the rooms very nicely, and they are nice, the beds are big and comfortable, but it was June and very warm, and the bedding was laid for winter, we were roasting and slept badly as a result, there were no loose sheets to replace the very thick duvet.

The bathroom in our room was tiny and very poorly lit with no natural light at all, making it feel very pokey. So poorly lit I could not apply any make up in it and had to use my tiny make up mirror on the edge of the bed. This was a shame as I was getting ready for a special family evening. I chose not to even use the bathroom the next morning other than the loo, preferred to go home and use my own light and airy bathroom, it was dark and dank feeling in there, a simple change of lighting would make a small room so much brighter and fresher.

The walls between each of the bedrooms are so thin you can hear everything next door, so we were pretty much drowned out by people's TVs either side of us, and their voices too could be heard very clearly. The bedrooms are also directly above the pub and the TV down there was extremely loud too, so don't expect to go to sleep until that's switched off along with the people next door going to sleep. Even though our TV had the same channel on as the TV downstairs (the one downstairs must be satellite, as there was a very annoying delay to be heard between the pub TV and our TV).
The bedroom TV was also as small as a laptop so largely pointless if you want a cosy night in a big bed with the telly on.

Food wise it was 'OK'. There is a massive menu with loads of specials on the board too, and I would say the food is 'average to OK' - although the chicken breast my mother had did look very nice and she said it tasted nice. Unfortunately most of our food was made worse by there being a very bad burnt taste in 4 of our meals, which tasted awful. They apologised for this issue saying the pan was burnt and did not charge us, but 4 of us were still hungry at the end of the meal and were offered no alternative - this included the birthday girl.

No drinks were poured for us during the evening and the wine was dreadful, but that is just my personal opinion, I really don't like cheap wine.

Breakfast was OK, we had booked breakfast for our complete family of 10 people - all sitting together, sadly we did not eat together as it took so long for each person's food to arrive, person by person we watched each other eat, or theirs would go cold waiting for the next one to arrive. We waited so long for the last 2 we thought they had been forgotten so went to find out where they were. This astonishes me as we were the only 10 people in the whole place and their restaurant is big enough for lots of covers.

All in all it's fine, I guess it depends on what you want, it's not special or the best or a gem in my view (as others have reported) but that's just my opinion. A few small changes would make this place lovely. So if you are the owner reading this I'd be checking the lighting in the bathrooms, making sure the bedding is suitable for the time of year, improving the sound proofing in the bedrooms to provide guests with peace, quiet and comfort, and definitely sorting out that kitchen in terms of service and food quality.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family