Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Paris TourismParis HotelsBed and Breakfast ParisParis Holiday RentalsParis Holiday PackagesFlights to ParisParis RestaurantsParis AttractionsParis ShoppingParis Travel ForumParis PhotosParis MapParis GuideHotels
All Paris HotelsParis Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in ParisBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsHoliday RentalsShoppingPackage HolidaysCruisesCar HireMore
Paris MotelsParis HostelsParis CampsitesLuxury Hotels in ParisSpa Hotels in ParisParis ResortsRomantic Hotels in ParisFamily Hotels ParisParis Green HotelsBusiness Hotels ParisBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Marriott Hotels in ParisMama Shelter Hotels in ParisTimhotel in ParisAstotel Hotels in ParisNovotel Hotels in ParisGolden Tulip Hotels in ParisHoliday Inns in ParisEsprit de France Hotels in ParisCitadines Apart Hotels in ParisInwood Hotels in ParisAdagio Hotels in ParisMelia Hotels in ParisLouvre Hotels in ParisHilton Hotels in ParisChoice Hotels in ParisPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighbourhoods
18th Arr. - Buttes-Montmartre HotelsBois de Vincennes Hotels19th Arr. - Buttes-Chaumont HotelsSorbonne Hotels4th Arr. - Hôtel-de-Ville HotelsPorte d'Asnières HotelsButte-aux-Cailles HotelsGeorges Brassens HotelsPopular Paris Categories
Boutique Hotels ParisCity Centre Hotels in ParisCheap Hostels in ParisAffordable Hotels in ParisHotels with Balconies in ParisHotels with Hot Tubs in ParisLuxury Spa Hotels ParisHotels with Free Wifi in ParisBoutique Bed and Breakfast ParisClean Hotels in ParisNear Landmarks
Hotels near Eiffel TowerHotels near Louvre MuseumHotels near Cathédrale Notre-Dame de ParisHotels near Musée d'OrsayHotels near Arc de TriompheHotels near Basilique du Sacre-Coeur de MontmartreHotels near Luxembourg GardensHotels near Sainte-ChapelleHotels near Seine RiverHotels near Champs-ElyseesNear Train Stations
Hotels near Hôtel de VilleHotels near Cité StationHotels near Saint-Michel – Notre-DameHotels near St-Michel – Notre-DameHotels near Saint-Michel StationHotels near Saint-Michel Notre-Dame StationHotels near Pont Marie StationHotels near Saint-Paul StationHotels near Cluny - La Sorbonne StationHotels near Cluny – La SorbonneNear Airports
Hotels near Charles De Gaulle Airport (CDG)Hotels near Orly Field (ORY)Hotels near Beauvais-Tille Airport (BVA)Motels near Orly Field (ORY)Motels near Beauvais-Tille Airport (BVA)Motels near Charles De Gaulle Airport (CDG)Near Colleges
Hotels near Pantheon-Sorbonne UniversityHotels near Paris-Sorbonne UniversityHotels near Ecole Normale Superieure de ParisHotels near ESCP EuropeHotels near Catholic University of ParisHotels near Mines ParisTechHotels near American Graduate School in ParisHotels near Institut Superieure d'Electronique de ParisHotels near Paris Descartes UniversityHotels near Centre de Formation et de Perfectionnement des Journalistes
Paris Tourism: Best of Paris
The City of Lights dazzles in every way
Nowhere else on earth makes the heart swoon like the mention of Paris. The city lures with its magnificent art, architecture, culture, and cuisine, but there’s also a quieter magic waiting to be explored: the quaint cobbled lanes, the sweet patisseries around the corner, and the cosy little bistros that beckon with a glass of Beaujolais. Get ready to make Paris your own.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Paris.See all
A mix of the charming, iconic, and modern.See all
Quintessential Paris bistros, bars, and beyond.See all
Look beyond the Louvre! Under-the-radar museums
Paris is a city of delights, one of which is the proliferation of fascinating museums that fly under most tourists' radars. Here are a handful of gems - some big, some small, but all interesting and off the beaten path.
Neil N, New York City, NY
- Musee de la Chasse et de la Nature350A celebration of the hunt. Taxidermy, antique firearms, and more juxtaposed with rotating modern art exhibits. One of my favorite museums on Earth.
- Maison de Victor Hugo669Step into the home of a literary giant, and enjoy the picturesque square on which it sits.
- Musee De Cluny2,896Come for the Lady and the Unicorn. But take a minute to soak in the fact that in this museum you're literally walking through time. The amazing collection of Medieval artifacts sits atop Roman ruins. A very visceral sense of how deep Paris's history runs.
- National Museum of Natural History1,317The museum is great fun, and is situated adjacent to the zoo and a sprawling botanical park. Pro tip: Get lunch at La Mosquee de Paris - Aux Portes de l'Orient, across the street from the museum and adjacent to the mosque. Excellent Moroccan food, enchanting atmosphere.
- Musée des Egouts26A museum about all things Parisian sewers. Pro tip? Prep for your visit by reading Hugo's Les Miserables, in which the sewers of Paris feature prominently!
- Musee des Arts et Metiers1,151The French have a long, proud heritage of engineering and scientific accomplishment. This museum is a delightful celebration of that legacy.
- Palais de Tokyo626Contemporary art that pushes boundaries ... if you're looking to be challenged and think differently, check it out.
- Albert Kahn Musee et Jardins594The gardens here highlight different garden styles -- French, English, Japanese, with many travelers remarking the Japanese feels like stepping into Tokyo. Viva Japonisme!
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Paris
Dig Into Paris
Stories, tips, and guides