Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Rome TourismRome HotelsBed and Breakfast RomeRome Holiday RentalsRome Holiday PackagesFlights to RomeRome RestaurantsRome AttractionsRome ShoppingRome Travel ForumRome PhotosRome MapRome GuideHotels
All Rome HotelsRome Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in RomeBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsHoliday RentalsShoppingPackage HolidaysCruisesCar HireMore
Rome MotelsRome HostelsRome CampsitesBusiness Hotels RomeRome ResortsRome Green HotelsFamily Hotels RomeLuxury Hotels in RomeRomantic Hotels in RomeSpa Hotels in RomeBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Mercure Hotels in RomePreferred Hotels & Resorts in RomeNH Collection Hotels in RomeThe Leading Hotels Of The World in RomeNH Hotels in RomeBarcelo Hotels & Resorts in RomeHilton Hotels in RomeNovotel Hotels in RomeBest Western Plus Hotels in RomeBest Western Hotels in RomeB&B Hotels in RomeRocco Forte Hotels in RomeSheraton Hotels in RomeChoice Hotels in RomeAccor Hotels in RomePopular AmenitiesPopular Neighbourhoods
Tuscolano HotelsSan Basilio HotelsColonna HotelsPigna HotelsParione HotelsPonte Mammolo HotelsPortuense HotelsPonte HotelsPopular Rome Categories
Design Hotels in RomeDowntown Rome HotelsCheap Hostels in RomeAffordable Hotels in RomeHotels with Balconies in RomeHotels with Hot Tubs in RomeLuxury Bed and Breakfast RomeRome Party HotelsCharming Hotels in RomeHotels With Babysitting in RomeNear Landmarks
Hotels near ColosseumHotels near Trevi FountainHotels near PantheonHotels near Piazza NavonaHotels near Palatine HillHotels near Roman ForumHotels near Spanish StepsHotels near Galleria BorgheseHotels near TrastevereHotels near Basilica di Santa Maria MaggioreNear Train Stations
Hotels near Cavour StationHotels near ColosseoHotels near Fori Imperiali-ColosseoHotels near Manzoni – Museo della LiberazioneHotels near Manzoni - Museo della Liberazione StationHotels near Vittorio Emanuele StationHotels near Roma Termini StationHotels near Roma Prenestina StationHotels near Serenissima StationHotels near Circo Massimo StationNear Airports
Hotels near Fiumicino Airport (FCO)Hotels near Ciampino Airport (CIA)Motels near Ciampino Airport (CIA)Motels near Fiumicino Airport (FCO)Near Colleges
Hotels near Pontifical University AntonianumHotels near Pontifcia Universitas LateranensisHotels near Roma Tre UniversityHotels near John Cabot UniversityHotels near American University of RomeHotels near Ateneo Pontificio Regina ApostolorumHotels near University of Roma "La Sapienza"Hotels near Guido Carli Free International University for Social StudiesHotels near Free International University of Social StudiesHotels near Campus Bio-Medico University of Rome
Rome Tourism: Best of Rome
Ancient sights with modern style, the Eternal City continues to shine
The sprawling city of Rome remains one of the most significant stops in the world, thanks to its seamless blend of Old World wonders and modern delights. The ruins of the Colosseum, her iconic fountains, lazy wanders through cobblestone streets with gelato in hand: All this and more beckon. Rome is a winding, spectacular city full of places to discover.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Rome.See all
Quintessential Rome restaurants, bars, and beyond.See all
Gelato for days
I used to think the mini-shovels they serve gelato with were to help with portion control. Don't be fooled. It's a mini-shovel for a reason. Avoid those tourist traps — and neon-colored, ice crystal covered scoops — with my top spots to dig in to real gelato in Rome. Don't forget the lactaid.
Jess Carei, Brooklyn, NY
- Otaleg860Yes, it's gelato spelled backwards, but there is nothing backwards about this off-the-beaten path, natural gelato shop. Make the trek out to a residential neighborhood to witness the gelato making process first hand. Then treat yourself to their savory flavors. Mustard anyone?
- Gelateria dei Gracchi1,726You may have to wait on line at the original location of this small Roman chain. Go for the seasonal flavors here. For your lactose-intolerant companions (I am so sorry), they offer really great zero milk flavors. Don't sleep on the bon bons!
- Fiordiluna755My personal favorite here is the duetto of hazelnut and pistachio. Apparently this flavor is the result of a happy accident? The owner dropped some hazelnuts into the pistacchio gelato. Say it with me. P-stack-ee-oo.
- Il Gelato di San Crispino3,035If you are doing an Eat, Pray, Love thing, you cannot miss this spot. Literally. This teeny spot was featured in the novel and the Julia Roberts flick. Go for the honey, money.
- Fatamorgana793Lots of wonderful, whimsical flavors at this chain — head to the one in Travestere. One flavor called Thumbelina has walnuts, rose petals, violet leaves. Another one, Thought, ginger, horseradish, lemon peel, and pink grapefruit. Zing!
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Rome
Dig Into Rome
Stories, tips, and guides