Explore Port Macquarie
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Port Macquarie TourismPort Macquarie HotelsBed and Breakfast Port MacquariePort Macquarie Holiday RentalsPort Macquarie Holiday PackagesFlights to Port MacquariePort Macquarie RestaurantsPort Macquarie AttractionsPort Macquarie ShoppingPort Macquarie Travel ForumPort Macquarie PhotosPort Macquarie MapPort Macquarie GuideHotels
All Port Macquarie HotelsPort Macquarie Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in Port MacquarieBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsHoliday RentalsShoppingPackage HolidaysCruisesCar HireMore
Port Macquarie MotelsPort Macquarie CampsitesPort Macquarie HostelsSpa Hotels in Port MacquarieFamily Hotels Port MacquariePort Macquarie ResortsPort Macquarie Green HotelsPort Macquarie Beach HotelsBusiness Hotels Port MacquariePort Macquarie Ski-In / Ski-Out HotelsRomantic Hotels in Port MacquarieBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel BrandPopular Amenities
Pet Friendly Hotels in Port MacquariePort Macquarie Hotels with a PoolPort Macquarie Hotels with ParkingPopular Port Macquarie Categories
Discount Hotels in Port MacquarieHotels with Hot Tubs in Port MacquariePort Macquarie Cheap ResortsCharming Hotels in Port MacquarieHotels with Kitchenette in Port MacquarieQuiet Hotels in Port MacquarieHotels with Shuttle in Port MacquariePort Macquarie Hotels With Indoor PoolsHotels with Complimentary Breakfast in Port MacquariePort Macquarie Spa HotelsNear Landmarks
Hotels near Koala HospitalHotels near Coastal walkHotels near Tacking Point LighthouseHotels near Ricardoes Tomatoes and U-Pick Strawberry FarmHotels near Billabong Zoo Koala & Wildlife ParkHotels near Sea Acres Rainforest Centre Port MacquarieHotels near Hello Koalas Sculpture TrailHotels near Breakwall Waking PathHotels near Roto HouseHotels near Port Macquarie MuseumNear Airports
Hotels near Sydney Airport (SYD)Hotels near Port Macquarie Airport (PQQ)Hotels near Taree Airport (TRO)Motels near Port Macquarie Airport (PQQ)Motels near Taree Airport (TRO)Motels near Sydney Airport (SYD)Near Colleges
Port Macquarie Tourism: Best of Port Macquarie
About Port Macquarie
Known for its extensive beaches, waterways, and excellent swimming and surfing spots, Port Macquarie provides an appealing stopover for those making their way between Sydney and Brisbane. Add in a great food and wine scene, and it’s worth staying a little longer.
Essential Port Macquarie
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.See all
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.See all
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.See all
A Perfect Weekend in Port Macquarie
Darling koalas, coastal vineyards, ice cream on standby—Port Macquarie has the makings of a perfect weekend away. Here are my must-dos.
Maria Hart, New York City, NY
- Boogie Woogie Beach House116Spend at least one night down the coast from Port Macquarie at this wonderfully funky beach house.
- Breakwall Waking Path386Stroll along the coast and read the messages here.
- Billabong Zoo Koala & Wildlife Park880If you love koalas, you came to the right spot! But lovers of wombats, wallabies, and other critters will be in heaven, too.
- Blue Cow Gelato122If you go on a getaway and *don't* eat ice cream, does it even count as a holiday?
- Innes Lake Vineyards7Every vacation should have some quality time with a cheese plate and a glass of wine overlooking a vineyard.
- Koala Hospital2,108Calling all koala-lovers! Come here to admire these fuzzy wuzzies, and you can feel good about supporting this hospital that rescues and rehabilitates them.
- Tacking Point Lighthouse1,149A picturesque lighthouse with an incredible viewing platform. If you're lucky, you can do a little whale-spotting!
- Soul Surfing53There's no better time to try surfing or pick up some pointers, if you happen to know what you're doing.
- The Mid Pacific536A solid hotel in a central location, the Mid Pacific has everything you need, including bikes to pedal around town.
- Bel-Air Pizza64Pizza is a must, especially after you've worked up an appetite on a coastal walk or doing water sports.