Boston TourismBoston HotelsBed and Breakfast BostonBoston Holiday RentalsBoston Holiday PackagesFlights to BostonBoston RestaurantsBoston AttractionsBoston ShoppingBoston Travel ForumBoston PhotosBoston MapBoston GuideHotels
All Boston HotelsBoston Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in BostonBy Hotel TypeThings to doRestaurantsFlightsHoliday RentalsShoppingPackage HolidaysCruisesCar Hire
Boston HostelsSpa Hotels in BostonBoston Green HotelsLuxury Hotels in BostonBusiness Hotels BostonRomantic Hotels in BostonFamily Hotels BostonBoston Beach HotelsBoston ResortsBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Choice Hotels in BostonAC Hotels in BostonCourtyard Hotels in BostonPreferred Hotels & Resorts in BostonMarriott Hotels in BostonFour Seasons Hotels in BostonWestin Hotels in BostonKimpton Hotels in BostonResidence Inns in BostonWyndham Hotels in BostonHilton Hotels in BostonHyatt Hotels in BostonInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in BostonPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighbourhoods
North End HotelsWest Codman Hill - West Lower Mills HotelsChinatown HotelsJamaica Plain HotelsKenmore HotelsGovernment Center HotelsBay Village HotelsWest Fens HotelsBunker Hill HotelsAllston HotelsPopular Boston Categories
Design Hotels in BostonApartment Hotels BostonCheap Accommodations in BostonBoston Suite HotelsHotels with Balconies in BostonHotels with Shuttle in BostonHoneymoon Resorts BostonFamily Resorts in BostonQuiet Resorts in BostonWedding Hotels BostonNear Landmarks
Hotels near Freedom TrailHotels near Fenway ParkHotels near Boston Public GardenHotels near Museum of Fine ArtsHotels near Faneuil Hall MarketplaceHotels near North EndHotels near Boston CommonHotels near Boston Tea Party Ships & MuseumHotels near New England AquariumHotels near Boston Public LibraryNear Train Stations
Hotels near StateHotels near Park StHotels near Government CenterHotels near BowdoinHotels near North StationHotels near HaymarketHotels near AquariumHotels near Terminal B Stop 2Hotels near Terminal B Stop 1Hotels near Terminal ANear Airports
Hotels near Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)Hotels near Manchester Municipal Airport (MHT)Hotels near Worcester Airport (ORH)Motels near Manchester Municipal Airport (MHT)Motels near Worcester Airport (ORH)Motels near Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)Near Colleges
Hotels near Suffolk UniversityHotels near North Bennet Street SchoolHotels near Empire Beauty SchoolHotels near Urban College of BostonHotels near New England College of Business and FinanceHotels near University of Massachusetts BostonHotels near MA General Dietetic Internship Boston, MAHotels near Fisher CollegeHotels near Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in BostonHotels near New England School of Law
Boston Tourism: Best of Boston
You've got to walk the Freedom Trail the first time you visit Boston. That's just a given. Make sure you step off the line on the pavement, though, and explore some of Boston's fine museums (try the Gardner—art masterpieces displayed in their collector's mansion) and old neighbourhoods (like the North End, where you can get the best cannoli this side of Italy). You can't claim to have experienced real Boston culture, though, unless you've watched a Red Sox game from the bleachers.
Start planning for Boston
Create a Trip to save and organise all of your travel ideas, and see them on a map
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.
- ByThrillistActually Cool Things to Do When Visiting BostonWe know the drill: Your hard-to-impress friends or family are coming to visit, and you’re suddenly panicked about how to entertain them. What will they want to do? What cool events in town can you take them to? And what activities will put Boston in the best light and most definitely not involve a Duck Tour? To make sure your guests come away with a thumbs-up appreciation of the city, we’ve rounded up the truly cool things to do in Boston -- many of them super-cheap (and we've included price ranges, so you don’t spend next month’s rent trying to impress your friends’ friends). Some are classic must-see attractions, some are off the beaten path, and absolutely none of them are Cheers. Read More: https://www.thrillist.com/lifestyle/boston/things-to-do-in-boston28 items
- ByMatador Network11 Must-Have Experiences In BostonBoston is the center of the nation’s revolutionary history, and a place booming with food, music, nightlife, and sports culture. The following experiences just scratch the surface of all you can do here, but it’s a start. Read more: https://matadornetwork.com/trips/11-essential-experiences-boston/11 items
- ByTripSavvyFree Things to Do in BostonIf you find yourself opening your wallet a bit too frequently, you’re not alone. Boston can be an expensive city. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to experience much of Boston's history and many of its sights without having to shell out a penny. Here are some free ways to soak up what Boston has to offer.18 items
From the Forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Boston
Boston With the Whole Fam
For a big city, Boston has major kid-appeal. First there's the magic of Fenway, then there's the "oversized playground" vibe of Boston Common. And don't even get me started on the city's famed cannoli. Here's a roundup of sights and attractions that appeal to kids of all ages.
Maria Hart, New York City, NY
- New England Aquarium5,625 reviewsPenguins! Seals! Balloonfish! This aquarium has it all. You could easily spend a full day here, just bobbing around among the tanks and pools spotting your favorite critters.
- Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum6,251 reviewsSneak in another teachable moment by taking the kids to see this vessel and museum. Kids will appreciate touring an 18th-century ship (shiver-me-timbers!) and adults can dive into the Revolutionary history documented here—or take a breather in the tea room.
- The Mapparium899 reviewsWhat kid doesn't want to step into a giant globe and go exploring? The Mapparium offers exactly that.
- Boston Children's Museum975 reviewsNo family trip would be complete without hitting the Boston Children's Museum, a wonderland with playspaces, an art studio, a maze, a nature walk, and more. This is the perfect spot to hold up during a rainy day.
- Boston Duck Tours7,176 reviewsDucks on parade! These Duck Tours are operated by a fleet of land/water hybrid vehicles that can give you a great overview of the city and its landmarks. Plus, they're super fun to ride in.
- J.P. Licks127 reviewsI scream, you scream, we all scream for J.P. Licks! This is kid-pleasing ice cream in oodles of flavors.
- Fenway Park16,554 reviewsCome here to root for the home team or just take a tour and soak up that Big League energy.
- Modern Pastry Shop2,119 reviewsThe biggest debate in Boston is who makes the best cannoli. Some swear by Mike's but my vote goes to Modern. Feel free to taste-test both!
- Freedom Trail17,338 reviewsSneaking in a little history lesson while sightseeing is what Boston is all about! Set off on the Freedom Trail and you'll cover several Revolutionary sights in the space of an afternoon.
- Swan Boats265 reviewsA Boston rite of passage, the swan boats delight children and adults alike as they glide across the pond.
- Boston Common6,413 reviewsBoston Common and the neighboring Boston Public Garden is a great place to let kids work out all their wiggles among some of the prettiest turf the city can offer.
- Making Way for Ducklings Statues62 reviewsKick off your trip with a visit to this iconic duckling statue. Locals will often dress these ducks up in themed clothes, so you might see them decked out in tiny sports jerseys.
Dig Into Boston