Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Atlanta TourismAtlanta HotelsBed and Breakfast AtlantaAtlanta Holiday RentalsAtlanta Holiday PackagesFlights to AtlantaAtlanta RestaurantsAtlanta AttractionsAtlanta ShoppingAtlanta Travel ForumAtlanta PhotosAtlanta MapAtlanta GuideHotels
All Atlanta HotelsAtlanta Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in AtlantaBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsHoliday RentalsShoppingPackage HolidaysCruisesCar HireMore
Atlanta MotelsAtlanta HostelsAtlanta CampsitesSpa Hotels in AtlantaFamily Hotels AtlantaRomantic Hotels in AtlantaBusiness Hotels AtlantaLuxury Hotels in AtlantaAtlanta Green HotelsAtlanta ResortsBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Sonesta Hotels And Resorts in AtlantaSuper 8 Hotels in AtlantaFairfield Inns in AtlantaResidence Inns in AtlantaOmni Hotels in AtlantaRenaissance Hotels in AtlantaHotels Indigo in AtlantaHampton by Hilton Hotels in AtlantaMotel 6 Hotels in AtlantaLa Quinta Inns & Suites in AtlantaHome2 Suites by Hilton in AtlantaStaybridge Suites in AtlantaHyatt Regency Hotels in AtlantaDoubleTree by Hilton Hotels in AtlantaHilton Garden Inns in AtlantaPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighbourhoods
Perimeter Center HotelsMorningside - Lenox Park HotelsBuckhead HotelsPoncey-Highland HotelsMidtown HotelsDowntown HotelsAtlantic Station HotelsCumberland HotelsHotels near JoylandHotels near Georgia TechPopular Atlanta Categories
Budget Hotels in AtlantaApartment Hotels AtlantaDesign Hotels in AtlantaHotels with Smoking Rooms in AtlantaUnique Hotels AtlantaHotels with Shuttle in AtlantaHistoric Hotels in AtlantaAtlanta Spa HotelsAtlanta Suite HotelsHotels with Hot Tubs in AtlantaNear Landmarks
Hotels near Georgia AquariumHotels near World of Coca-ColaHotels near Atlanta Botanical GardenHotels near Fox TheatreHotels near Centennial Olympic ParkHotels near Zoo AtlantaHotels near Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic SiteHotels near Piedmont ParkHotels near National Center for Civil and Human RightsHotels near High Museum of ArtNear Airports
Hotels near Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl Airport (ATL)Motels near Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl Airport (ATL)Near Colleges
Hotels near Atlanta Beauty & Barber Academy Doraville, GAHotels near Morris Brown CollegeHotels near Interdenominational Theological CenterHotels near Clark Atlanta UniversityHotels near Georgia State UniversityHotels near Grady Health System Professional Atlanta, GAHotels near SAE Institute of Technology- AtlantaHotels near Spelman CollegeHotels near Morehouse School of MedicineHotels near Morehouse College
Atlanta Tourism: Best of Atlanta
Atlanta has been dubbed everything from the "capital of the new South" and "the next international city" to "the best place to do business." It's also a great place to visit. Fueled by the prosperity of local mega companies like Coca Cola and Holiday Inn, the prestige of hosting the 1996 Summer Olympic Games and the energy of young upwardly mobile types who have migrated to the city in droves - Atlanta is on fire. And this time it's a good thing. From world-class restaurants and a myriad of cultural attractions to a hip nightlife and sporting events galore, the city is cosmopolitan in every sense of the word. But Atlanta has also managed to maintain its historic character. Stop by the Atlanta History Centre or visit the Martin Luther King Jr. Historical Site, a moving tribute to an American icon. Browse through the former home of famous author Margaret Mitchell or pop into the Jimmy Carter Library and Museum for details on the life and times of the former president and his family. Whether you choose modern urban endeavors or old southern pleasures, Atlanta will not disappoint.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.See all
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.See all
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.See all
Atlanta Camping Done Right
Got camping on your mind? Atlanta is surrounded by three phenomenal state parks with options for camping and glamping (for folks who need a tad more comfort). My guide even covers quirky roadside attractions, hidden food finds, and a mix of outdoor adventure. Go forth, friends, and enjoy nature.
Alex Temblador, Texas
- Fresh Air Bar-B-Que225Fresh Air Barbecue has aged well since it opened in 1929. As the oldest pit-cooked barbecue in Georgia, Fresh Air is a state institution serving up the best in barbecue and a legendary Brunswick Stew.
- Buckner's Family Restaurant363Buckner’s Family Restaurant takes the cake—erm, peach cobbler—for country cooking. Fried chicken, cornbread, and greens; does it get better than that?
- Old Car City71If you’re the type that loves the spooky vibe of junkyards where old cars go to die, you’ll be in heaven at Old Car City. Definitely bring your camera to capture that time gone by.
- High Falls State Park303Do go chasing waterfalls at High Falls State Park. Campgrounds and yurts make it easy for fishing enthusiasts to enjoy this outdoor Georgian mecca.
- Etowah Indian Mounds State Park231The Etowah Mounds State Historic Site is the most intact Mississippian Culture site in the Southeast. Take time to explore six earthen mounds from a community and culture that called this part of Georgia home between 1000 and 1550 AD.
- Cauble Park74Ready for more lake action? Make your way to Cauble Park for a sandy beach and lakeside swimming. Set on Lake Acworth, it’s serving up the ultimate lake day experience from dawn to dusk.
- Henry's Louisiana Grill1,237After a day spent hitting the trails at Red Top Mountain, clean yourself up real nice and head to Henry’s Louisiana Grill for some bayou favorites. Discover joie de vivre (the joy of living) through their most tasteful delicacies—jambalaya and boudin balls.
- Red Top Mountain State Park357You can’t beat the trifecta of outdoor recreation at this state park: a lake with a beach, 15-miles of hiking trails, and camping. If you’re feeling fancy, book a stay in the lakeside yurt.
- Stone Mountain Public House43Crepes and a glass of wine? Yes, please. Stone Mountain Public House is doing romantic kitschy dining right, and they welcome all with diverse food options for vegans and gluten-free eaters alike.
- BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir169You may spot a lot of marvelous things while camping—rare birds, shooting stars, waterfalls—but what about an enormous white stone Hindu temple? Little ol’ Liliburn, Georgia has just that in the BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir. You don’t need to know much about architecture or Hinduism to fall hard for this glorious gem.
- Taqueria Los Hermanos218If you can overlook Taqueria Los Hermanos’ shopping-center location, you’ll be met with the best darn street tacos, asada, and tres leches cake. Portions are hefty— come hungry.
- Stone Mountain Covered Bridge42Stone Mountain Covered Bridge is as cute as a Georgian peach. Pack a picnic and enjoy one of the last remaining structures created and constructed by Washington W. King, a prominent African American businessman in the late 1800s.
- Stone Mountain Park5,079With golf courses, a dinosaur exhibit, a train ride, and campgrounds, Stone Mountain Park is the equivalent of an outdoor amusement park. Hop on the Summit Skyride, a Swiss cable car, and enjoy views as far as the Atlanta skyline.