We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly. We support the following browsers:
Canada is a mecca for luxury hotels. The Four Seasons and Fairmont chains both have Canadian origins and/or management and numerous small luxury hotels dot the northern landscape from British Columbia to Newfoundland.
The TripAdvisor Best Luxury Hotels list for 2014 includes:
1. The Trump Hotel and Tower Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
2. Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Vancouver, British Columbia
3. Loden Hotel, Vancouver, British Columbia
4. Ritz-Carlton Montreal, Montreal, Quebec
5. Sonora Resort, Sornora Island, British Columbia
6. Clayoquot Wilderness Resort, Clayoquot Sound, British Columbia
7. Hotel Quintessence, Mont Tremblant, Quebec
8. Four Seasons Hotel, Toronto, Ontario
9. Fairmont Pacific Rim, Vancouver, British Columbia
10. The Ivy at Verity, Toronto, Ontario
The Park Hyatt Toronto also counts among the larger hotels singled out for excellence in service and comfort.
In addition, some small luxury gems exist from coast to coast: The King Pacific Lodge in British Columbia is an exclusive fly-in wilderness destination associated with the Orient-Express chain. Trout Point Lodge of Nova Scotia and the Kingsbrae Arms top the list for Atlantic Canada, while the Windsor Arms fits the bill in Toronto.
The independant travel agency Five Star Alliance has also handpicked luxury choices for Canada.