We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Naturally, Torremolinos has lots of tapas bars and restaurants, just like any other tourist town in Spain. The thing is there are not so many tapas bars and restaurants where you can have really good tapas.
So the places one would recommend are:
1. Matahambre restaurant (calle Merced, near the elevator) A wide variety of tapas, most are homemade, a wide list of local Spanish wines.
2. La Chacha (avenida Palma Mallorca, close to the crossing with Calle San Miguel) One of the oldest fish tapa places in Torremolinos.
3. El Gato Lounge (Paseo Maritimo, close to hotel Melia Costa del Sol) Free tapas with your wines and beer, beach front location is great for people watching. All homemade.
4. Pletora (Pueblo Blanco) Good authentic Spanish tapas.
5. Granvinos (Plaza de San Miguel) A very wide choice of tapas, good Iberico ham and other meat tapas.