Interested in Madrid?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Madrid each week.
Topics include Dining Scene, Spain: For Foreign Visitors & more!
Transportation from Madrid to Avila
Prices and time schedules are as of Jan. 1, 2009.
1. The preferred way to go to Avila is to take the Renfe train from the Chamartin Station.
2. Read Buying Renfe Tickets Online in Trip Advisor to learn how to navigate the Renfe website and find the train schedules and prices. There is no web discount for the train to Avila.
3. For the day tripper, there is the Express 18061 that leaves at 08:30H and arrives at Avila at 09:58H with a price of 7.85€.
There is also the T.R.D. 18901 that leaves at 08:45H and arrives at Avila at 10:13H, with a price of 8.80€.
4. For the return trip, there is the T.R.D. 18904 that leaves at 16:50H and arrives in Madrid at 18:22H with a price of 8.80€.
The next train is the Express 18012 that leaves at 17:39 and arrives at 19:24H, with a price of 7.85€.
The next train is the T.R.D. 18906 that leaves at 19:10 and arrives at 20:45H, with a price of 8.80€.
5. The train station at Avila is about 1.2 km away from the Cathedral. Take a taxi because it will not cost much.
6. The schedules and prices can change at any time, so go to the Renfe website and look for the latest schedules.