Interested in Monte-Carlo?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Monte-Carlo each week.
Topics include Dining Scene, Monaco: For Foreign Visitors & more!
When actress Grace Kelly married Prince Rainier III of Monaco, the history of this principality changed forever as it became synonymous with glamour, Hollywood, Big Art.
Many books, articles, press releases have been written about the romantic-fairy tale marriage and the story that followed that didn't always followed the "and they lived happily ever after" ending. It is difficult to discriminate what is gossip, what fantasy, and what real life about the Prince and his family, but the truth is that media has gotten and still gets many of its most glamorous and scandalous news from that tiny piece of land. To dig into the Principality’s hidden and public history, some books that you can read are:
About the Principality’s history:
- The Royal House of Monaco: Dynasty of Glamour, Tragedy and Scandal by John Glatt;
- Prince Rainier of Monaco: His Authorised and Exclusive Story by Peter Hawkins;
- Once Upon a Time: The Story of Princess Grace, Prince Rainier and Their Family by J. Randy Taraborrelli.
About Principality’s scandals:
- The Grimaldis of Monaco: The Centuries of Scandal, the Years of Grace by Anne Edwards.
- Palace: My Life in the Royal Family of Monaco by Christian De Massy and Charles Higham.
- Grace: The Secret Lives of a Princess by James Spada.