Interested in Orlando?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Orlando each week.
Topics include Transportation, United States: For Foreign Visitors & more!
Especially in the summer, Orlando can have fequent afternoon rainshowers. Call it "liquid sunshine" if you must, because rain does not mean the fun stops! The following are several places that are recommended.
1. Old Town Arcade This arcade is a good size. and it is inside although they keep the doors open. This arcade is located on 192/Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway.
2. Disney Quest This is an arcade-type attraction in the Downtown Disney area. It has 3 stories of pure fun! They have a roller-coaster simulator where you build your roller coaster and then ride it. That is one of hundreds of games that Disney Quest offers.
3. Mall at Millenia and Florida Mall When it's rainy outside, shopping is often in order. These are the area's largest malls, each with unique retailers and attractions. Mall at Millenia is off I-4 and Florida Mall is off the Beachline expressway. For up to the minute information on the malls, go to Save in Orlando.com
4. Gaylord Palms Resort This unusual hotel features a 4.5-acre glass-covered atrium that is inspired by several Florida destinations. Inside, there is a "Gator Springs" area with live alligators, live game fish in an Everglades environment, a Key West lagoon, a display of treasures found in Florida waters, stingrays, a replica of an old Spanish fortress, restaurants, shops, ice cream, etc. The restaurants even have patios that are within the atrium, but feel like they are outdoors... the perfect way to salvage a rainy afternoon! Gaylord Palms is near Disney's Wide World of Sports, Animal Kingdom, and Highway 192.
5. Orlando Science Center Located near downtown Orlando, this attraction features several indoor (read: dry) diversions for a rainy day.
6. Chocolate Kingdom. Chocolate Kingdom is an interactive factory adventure tour were guests
get to learn how the cocoa bean turns into a chocolate bar. At the end of the tour guests can customize their own chocolate bar by choosing 3 toppings out of their 17 topping selections. There are
samplings throughout the tour. Chocolate Kingdom has 2 locations in Central Florida, one in Orlando next to the Orange County Convention Center on International Drive and the second one located on Highway 192 in Kissimmee next to Fun Spot and Old Town.
7. Hard Knocks Beyond Laser Tag This laser tag experience, dubbed 'Your Indoor War' is the nation’s first indoor Combat Sports facility and most advanced Combat entertainment franchise. The facilities feature multiple indoor urban-themed arenas and the world’s largest Combat entertainment armory with multiple weapon models. Hard Knocks also boasts over 85 different Combat Missions that will challenge Combatants to rescue hostages, defuse bombs and eradicate the enemy. Two Orlando locations: East Orlando by UCF and Pointe Orlando onI-Drive.
8. AirHeads Trampoline Arena This huge, indoor trampoline arena is the perfect solution to a rainy day in Orlando. AirHeads is a premier destination for family fun, fitness, group activities and birthday parties in Central Florida. Open jumping all day, every day with games like AIR Dodgeball and AIR Basketbal. AirHeads has a huge arcade filled with the latest games as well as a full cafe with menu options like pizza, chicken wings, wraps, salads and more. Founded my families for families, AirHeads is the perfect way to get your kids flying through the air and having a blast while getting a great workout. Fun for all ages.