We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Pikeville-Pike County, Kentucky, has quickly grown into a tourist destination, featuring a wealth of hiking, biking, and water trails. It is also the location of most of the Hatfield McCoy Feud Sites, and has become a wonderful history/outdoor/live entertainment getaway option.
Things to See & Do:
• Hatfields & McCoys Driving Tours & Guided Bus Tours.
• Hiking Trails from rustic wildreness to blazed and beautiful. Some of the best scenery in the country with the Breaks Interstate Park, Grants Branch Park, and Bob Amos Park of Pikeville.
• Three different horseback riding trails are available; Dreamz Stables (Bob Amos Park, Pikeville), Pike County Horse Trail (Belcher, KY), and periodically, the Broken Trail Horse Club Trail Ride in Pikeville, KY.
• Live Entertainment on the first and third weekend of each month (warm months). Main Street Live! features local talent drawn from Eastern Kentucky's talent pool that has produced stars like Loretta Lynn, Patty Loveless and Dwight Yoakam.
• Jenny Wiley Theatre of Pikeville hosts professional productions of cherished theatre classics, as well as uniquely new productions such as "Feud".
• ACT Theatre is Kentucky's most award-winning community theatre, and is operated out of Elkhorn City, KY in Pike County. They are known for the wildly popular "Bloodsong: The Story of the Hatfields and the McCoys", a historically accurate production located in the actual area where the feuding took place, McCarr KY.
• Motorcycle Tours, Muscle on Main car shows and drag racing, hunting, fishing and more.
• A variety of hotel accommodations are available, such as Hilton Garden Inn of Pikeville, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, Landmark Inn and more.