Promote your TripAdvisor listing with widgets, stickers, apps and other more.
Request a Free TripAdvisor Sticker
Looking for a great way to show that you value guest feedback and encourage new reviews while still increasing footfall? Get a free TripAdvisor sticker for your front door, window or busiest area of your hotel, restaurant or attraction today by using our sticker request tool: www.tripadvisor.co.uk/StickerRequest.
Show off your TripAdvisor Sticker
- 67% of travellers check TripAdvisor a few times a month1
- 75% of travellers prefer businesses with a TripAdvisor endorsement2
- 89% of global travellers say reviews are influential when choosing where to book3
Please allow up to 6 weeks for the sticker to arrive by mail. Once you get it, we’d love to see it! Tweet a photo to @TripAdvisorB2B using the hashtag #OnTripAdvisor.
- 1. Source: PhoCusWright study commissioned by TripAdvisor, December 2013
- 2. Source: TripAdvisor member survey, October 2012
- 3. Source: TripBarometer April 2014: Global Edition
Free or Premium? A Guide to Marketing on TripAdvisor TripAdvisor offers a suite of marketing tools for hospitality businesses. Many are free but a few premium features are available for a fee. Do you know which are which?
Looking for ways to drive more business? TripAdvisor offers a variety of tools to help. There’s something for everyone, but you must be registered for your property’s Management Centre to have access.
Let’s start by looking at the free tools available to any accommodation, restaurant or attraction listed on TripAdvisor. These tools are always available in the Management Centre:
Properties with at least 1 photo see 138% more engagement than properties with no photos.1
Property page tools
Control the major elements of your TripAdvisor property page through the "Manage Listing" tab in the top menu. Add photos to attract traveller attention, update your amenities, and complete other administration tasks here as well.
Over 60% of travellers say Management Responses make them more likely to book.2
Review management tools
Under "Reviews" in the top menu, you'll find all of the tools you need to manage, measure, and respond to new reviews. Try Review Express to encourage more reviews.
Nearly 90% of travellers say reviews are influential in choosing where to book.3
Free marketing tools
Get help marketing your business under "Marketing Tools" in the top menu of the Management Centre. Showcase your reviews with the TripAdvisor Traveller Reviews App for your Facebook page, TripAdvisor Social Media Buttons, and widgets to display your awards and reviews on your website. Finally, request a TripAdvisor sticker for your property, so guests know you’re listed on the world’s largest travel site.4
Want free marketing tips, industry research, helpful guides and more? Hotel managers and operators can visit www.tripadvisor.com/TripAdvisorInsights and restaurant owners can visit TripAdvisor For Restaurants. You can also find information in the Management Centre, under the "Help & Settings" tab in the top menu, select "TripAdvisor Best Practices."
Accommodation & restaurant providers can enhance their TripAdvisor listings and attract even more travellers with some additional tools that are available for a fee. There are no premium tools available for attractions at this time.
Solutions for accommodations
- Business Advantage: Industry-leading tools to better market your business to millions of potential guests, differentiate from competitors, impact booking decisions, and measure and improve your online reputation.Visit www.tripadvisor.com/business/BusinessAdvantage to learn more.
- Instant Booking: Now, travellers can click the “Book on TripAdvisor” button to reserve a hotel directly on the site. Potential guests are more willing to book when they know they can purchase right on TripAdvisor.5 Instant booking gives your hotel an easy way to claim these bookings. Learn more here.
- Sponsored Placements: Drive high quality traffic to your property by putting your listing on top of TripAdvisor search results for travellers searching for a place to stay in your area. Sponsored Placements are risk-free — meaning you pay only for the clicks you get and you can cancel at any time. Sign up today at www.TripAdvisor.com/business/sponsored-placements.
Solutions for restaurants
- TripAdvisor Premium: Get the competitive advantage your business needs with TripAdvisor Premium for Restaurants. Upgrading to Premium gives you exclusive access to powerful subscriber-only tools including Storyboard, Top 3 Reasons to Eat Here, Favourite Reviews, and exclusive data & insights. Learn more here.
- TripAdvisor Ads: Drive traffic to your TripAdvisor listing by promoting your restaurant in exclusive sponsored placements to a targeted audience of diners searching for a place to eat in your area. Learn more here.
- 1. TripAdvisor data, July 7 - August 7 2014, tripadvisor.com/TripAdvisorInsights/n2507/bookings-and-traveller-engagement-driven-management-actions
- 2. PhoCusWright, “Custom Survey Research Engagement,” prepared for TripAdvisor, December 2013.
- 3. TripBarometer, April 2014, Global Edition: tripadvisor.com/TripAdvisorInsights/n2200/tripbarometer-april-2014-global-edition
- 4. comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide,
- 5. TripAdvisor internal data
Displaying Your TripAdvisor Rating and Latest Reviews on Your Site
Studies show that travellers want to see feedback from other travellers before they make their booking decisions. That's one reason why businesses around the world choose to enhance their websites with free TripAdvisor widgets.
What is a TripAdvisor widget?
A widget is a small snippet of code provided by TripAdvisor that can be installed within any HTML-based web page. They can bring TripAdvisor content – like recent reviews or your overall rating – to your website, and they update automatically. Other widgets encourage travellers to write reviews or link to your listing on TripAdvisor.
There are two categories of widgets available to you for free through TripAdvisor: widgets for businesses and widgets for destinations. To find out what content is free for you, go to your Widget Centre.
Widgets for Businesses
- Awards & Praise: Has your business received rave reviews or have you earned a TripAdvisor recognition? These widgets will help you spread the news
- Display Reviews: Show off your rating, snippets of recent reviews and more
- Collect Reviews: Drive more reviews with a quick link for visitors to write a review on TripAdvisor, or encourage them to write a review without ever leaving your site
Widgets for Destinations
- Social Media Button: Add this button next to your Facebook & Twitter icons so visitors are just a click away from reading your reviews
- Read Reviews: Put visitors a click away from your destination’s reviews, photos and more
How do I get a widget?
Head to www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Widgets and enter your business or destination name. Your personalised widgets are just a few clicks away!
If your widget isn’t working, check these troubleshooting tips for help:
- Make sure that the code was pasted into the source code of your page, not the displayable version.
- Make sure that the page that you're posting it on contains valid HTML code.
- Check all code to make sure that tags (<p>, <a>, etc.) are closed.
- Make sure that there are no line breaks in the script tag.
- Make sure that the badge includes a <div> tag followed by a <script> tag.
- Make sure that the script tag has the “&lang=” parameter, as this can become corrupted and converted to a left angle bracket.
Small social media button. Big traveller impact. Make room Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest: there’s a new social media button in town. And it brings the power of the world’s largest travel site to your property’s website.
Travellers are often encouraged to connect with businesses via social media buttons on websites. But the new TripAdvisor social media button helps travellers do much more than connect. It puts potential guests one click away from reading your hard-won reviews and posting their own. And it brings the powerful brand of the world’s largest travel community right to your website.
The TripAdvisor social media button is free, easy to install and customisable to fit the needs of your business. To get the TripAdvisor social media button:
- Enter your property’s name on www.tripadvisor.co.uk/widgets.
- Select “Social Media Buttons” on your property's widget page.
- Next, customise the button to suit your website by selecting the size, shape, colour, language and additional elements (like a “Rate” call to action to encourage reviews, or a Bubble rating to showcase your overall TripAdvisor performance).
- When the preview looks good, copy and paste the code for your button into the HTML code of your website. (TIP: You can also select the “click here to e-mail the code” link to send it to the person who manages your site.)
For the best results, be sure to include the TripAdvisor button alongside other social media icons on your website (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). If you need more detailed installation instructions or troubleshooting tips, check out this guide.
Don’t miss a single opportunity to engage with travellers! Add the TripAdvisor social media button to your website’s social media icons today.Last Updated: 28 July 2014
Showcase a five-bubble review – directly on your website
Great news! You can now display your most recent five-bubble review title directly onto your own website. The new Rave Review Widget is available to establishments that have recently received outstanding traveller reviews on TripAdvisor and are in good standing on the site.
How does it work?
Download the widget from the TripAdvisor Widget Centre and follow the instructions on the page to add it to your site. Once live, the widget will display a scrolling title of your most recent five-bubble review. The title will automatically update each time you receive a new five-bubble write-up. Travellers will be able to click the widget to see all of your reviews on TripAdvisor.
To show your TripAdvisor ranking, rating or more reviews, consider adding another widget to supplement the Rave Review tool. Other free marketing resources include the popular Review Snippets widget, Recommended On and Bravo! badges and What’s Nearby tools.Last Updated: 23 April 2013
4 Free Tools to Remind Guests to Write Reviews
83% of travellers say TripAdvisor reviews help them feel more confident in their travel decisions1. So how can you collect more reviews? Here are four free tools to help you remind guests to write reviews of your business.
Reminding your guests to write a review is an easy way to build your reputation on TripAdvisor and in turn, get more exposure for your property. Use these free tools – available in the Management Centre – to remind guests to write a review while their experience is still fresh in their minds.
1. Custom Reminder Cards
Creating your custom business card-sized reminder cards is easy, follow these simple steps:
- Under the "Marketing Tools" tab in your Management Centre select “Promotional Tools”
- Select “Order Now” under Business Cards
- Choose “Business Cards” in our promotional shop
- Click on the reminder cards that fit your business to customise the cards. Be sure to add your business name and city to the back side of the cards.
Once you’re pleased with your cards, send them off to print! The first 100 cards are on us; you only pay for shipping (typically $6 - $10).
Tip: Distribute these cards at checkout, the end of a meal, or when the tour comes to an end to remind guests to write a review when they return home.
2. Reminder Flyer
Another great way to ask your guests to write about their experience is to hand out our downloadable flyer. The downloadable flyer can also be found in your Management Centre. Under "Marketing Tools" in the top menu, select "Promotional Tools" and click “Download Now” under Downloadable Assets. The flyer is available in many languages, for your guests visiting from all over the world.
Tip: Hang this flyer in a high traffic area as an effortless reminder to your guests as they pass.
3. Review Express
If you’re looking for another quick way to get more reviews, try Review Express – the review collection tool that allows you to create and send professional-looking emails that encourage guests to write reviews of your business.
Tip: Visit the Review Express Dashboard to monitor the success of your campaigns.
4. Review Starter Widget
Invite visitors to begin reviewing your business right on your website with the Review Starter Widget.
Tip: Be sure to place your widget somewhere on your website where users can easily find it.
To start using these tools today, visit the Management Centre.
- 1. PhoCusWright Survey, conducted December 2013, www.tripadvisor.com/TripAdvisorInsights/n2121
Using Widgets to Gain Trust and Customers Simplify the decision-making process for prospective guests with TripAdvisor widgets.
Travelling is wonderful, but planning trips is hard. All the research and decision making that has to be done beforehand (or after arrival, for that matter) is time-consuming at best, tedious at worst.
You can make planning a trip easier for me and thousands of other travellers with TripAdvisor Widgets for accommodations, attractions and restaurants.
Widgets allow you to show live TripAdvisor content (minute-by-minute) on your website or Facebook page. You can display property reviews and awards and even collect new reviews from visitors on your website.
Below are two of my favourite TripAdvisor widgets. I’ll show you how these help me save time and mental energy when planning a trip. And because my professional background is in reader engagement, I’ll also explain how these help your overall marketing strategy.
TripAdvisor Social Media Buttons
It’s a common expectation when visiting any website that somewhere on the page will be a list of icons pointing to the brand’s social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.).
The TripAdvisor Social Media Buttons is a similar widget that sends readers to the brand’s user-generated reviews.
As a traveller, when I see this button on the website for a hotel, attraction or restaurant, it immediately tells me that this brand believes that its customer experience is stellar enough to invite feedback. If you choose to show your bubble rating on the widget, I might not even click through to read the reviews because you’ve already told me that “this place is good”.
From a marketer’s perspective, this is gold. You’re showing that you’re accountable to your guests and that you know that your reviews will back up your brand’s customer service promises. It also puts your potential customers just one click away from the traveller reviews that they need to make their booking decision.
TripAdvisor Reviews For Facebook
The TripAdvisor Reviews For Facebook app shows up as a tab on your Facebook profile. Users can click on the tab and see your TripAdvisor bubble rating, as well as a breakdown of individual ratings for location, value, service, etc.
At one billion users, Facebook is the largest social networking site in the world. If I find your brand through a Facebook search, this widget allows me to easily get an overview of your traveller rating, see user-generated photos, and read your most recent reviews.
No need to visit multiple sites to find this information. You’ve already brought it to me.
From a social media marketing point of view, you are not only giving your readers easy access to information. You can also use the widget to solicit reviews from an engaged fanbase who already trusts your brand and will likely give you positive ratings.